- First gold poured at the Amursk POX
- Design throughput and recoveries at Albazino reached
- Sopka (Omolon hub) high-grade ore processing using the newly commissioned Merrill Crowe circuit commenced in March
- Open-pit mining started at the Tsokol gold mine (Omolon hub)
- Polymetal International plc admitted to trading on the Official List of the London Stock Exchange and joined the FTSE100 index, raising US$ 763m from IPO
- Beginning of underground mining at Mayskoye. Completion of civil works at the concentrator
- Successful start-up of the Albazino concentrator in April and further ramp-up. First concentrate sales to China
- Voro heap leach facility operates with a production capacity of 1,000 ktpa
- Inclusion of Polymetal into the FTSE Gold Mines Index
- The Omsukchan concentrator (Dukat hub) capacity expanded to 1,500 ktpa
- The Voro CIP plant capacity expanded to 940 ktpa
- The first gold dore bar was poured at the Kubaka plant (Omolon hub), a year ahead of schedule
- Acquisition of the Avlayakan and Kirankan gold and silver deposits and Svetloye gold deposit (promising stand-alone exploration projects)
- Beginning of an open-pit mining at the Albazino gold mine
- Ozerny deposit (Khakanja hub) discovered
- Polymetal acquired the Mayskoye deposit from Highland Gold
- Acquisition of the Sopka Kvartsevaya gold and silver deposit, a significant source of high grade mineral resources, and Dalnyi mineral property (Omolon hub)
- Acquisition of the Goltsovoye silver mine, a very high-grade additional feed to the Dukat hub
- Acquisition of the Varvara gold-copper mine in Kazakhstan together with its processing facility
- Inclusion of JSC Polymetal to the MSCI index
- Acquisition of Kubaka (Omolon hub) from Kinross Gold Corporation
- Creation of the Dukat hub by merging the Dukat and the Lunnoye operating units
- Acquisition of the Degtyarskoye gold mine, additional high-grade reserves to feed the Voro CIP plant
- Open-pit mining at Yuriveskoye (Khakanja) started
- JSC Polymetal initial public offering (IPO) on the London Stock Exchange (GDR’s) and on the Russian RTS and MICEX exchanges
- Albazino licence acquired
- Lunnoye processing plant capacity expanded to 850 Ktpa with the addition of a parallel grinding circuit
- The CIP plant commissioned at Voro with a production capacity of 450 ktpa
- Open-pit mining at Khakanja started
- Open pit mining restarted at the Dukat mine
- Acquisition of the Dukat mine and concentrator
- Open pit mining started at the Lunnoye mine
- Acquisition of the Lunnoye mine
- Beginning of mining at Voro
- JSC Polymetal established in St. Petersburg by the ICT Group
- Acquisition of the Voro gold deposit
- Acquisition of the Khakanja and Yuriveskoye gold and silver deposits
Polymetal International plc was incorporated in July 2010 to become the new holding company of JSC Polymetal and seek admission of its shares to the premium listing segment of the Official List and to trading on the main market of the London Stock Exchange.
JSC Polymetal was incorporated in Saint Petersburg in 1998 by CJSC ICT (now controlled by Mr. Alexander Nesis) with the goal creating a Russian mining company that would use state-of-the-art technology from exploration to bullion production, and capitalize on opportunities to commercially develop the results of Soviet era exploration.
In November 2005, control over JSC Polymetal was acquired by OAO GNK Nafta Moskva (Cyprus) Limited and transferred in August 2006 to Nafta Moskva (Cyprus) Limited (both controlled by Mr. Suleiman Kerimov).
In 2007, JSC Polymetal held an initial public offering, as a result of which 24.4% of JSC Polymetal shares were placed to institutional investors. In conjunction with the initial public offering, the shares of JSC Polymetal were listed on the RTS and MICEX exchanges in Russia and the GDRs representing such shares were listed on the London Stock Exchange.
In June 2008, an affiliate of Nafta Moskva (Cyprus) Limited sold all of its shares in JSC Polymetal (68%) to three parties: Powerboom Investments Limited, a Cypriot entity that is ultimately beneficially owned by Mr. Alexander Nesis (23.97%), the founding shareholder of the Company; Pearlmoon Limited, a Cypriot entity owned by PFF Group N.V., which is controlled by Mr. Petr Kellner (24.82 %); and Vitalbond Limited, a Cypriot entity that is ultimately beneficially owned by Mr. Alexander Mamut (19.02 %).
Currently Polymetal International plc has a Premium Listing at the London Stock Exchange with the a float of 51%. The company is also a member of a benchmark FTSE100 index.
^ Top of page