Polymetal aims to create shareholder value whilst protecting the interests of employees, communities and wider society, in order to underpin the company’s long term success. Consequently, responsible development and sustainability are a crucial part of our overall strategy.
- Access mineral deposits with the full agreement and co-operation of local people, government authorities and NGOs;
- Maintain cordial and productive relationships with local communities, government authorities and NGOs where mining, processing or transportation is taking place;
- Provide excellent career opportunities and appropriate compensation levels for people with diverse skills and experience;
- Provide a safe, healthy and positive working environment for all employees;
- Deal fairly with suppliers, customers and business partners;
- Maintain an effective environmental management and monitoring regime in order to reduce the potential impact of all operations.
The overall sustainability strategy is designed to meet the requirements of the UN Global Compact. Polymetal signed in 2009 and is an active member of the UN Global Compact Network Russia.