An ability to recruit and retain high quality, motivated people is essential to the sustainable long term growth of our business. In line with the UN Global Compact, our main human resources objectives are:
- To operate a fair and internationally competitive system of wages and benefits, linked to collective and individual performance;
- To operate an effective training and career development programme;
- To ensure that all employees are trained in occupational safety and accident prevention procedures;
- To maintain an excellent working and living environment for employees and their families;
- To engender a positive working culture through clear and regular two-way communication.
Employment policies and profile
We have clearly defined human resources policies for all employees. These cover recruitment, professional development, appraisal, training, resources and skills, organizational design and motivation.
Selection and appraisal
Polymetal is committed to being an employer of choice for young, educated and ambitious professionals. We therefore offer a wide range of career paths, backed by excellent benefits packages. This emphasis on skills retention, development and transfer provides many opportunities for internal candidates to progress within the business.
Employee compensation and benefits
Polymetal is fully compliant with all labour laws in Russia and Kazakhstan. In 2011 and 2010, our average salary levels were between 3-30% higher than other mining companies in the area. Expenditure on social benefits in 2011 was US$ 3,950 per employee.
^ Top of page