Why invest in polymetal
We aim to generate superior total shareholder returns by
- investing in projects offering both high returns and optionality with the aim of growing our business without diluting its quality
- paying substantial dividends through the commodity and investment cycles
Since our IPO in 2011, Polymetal has generated competitive returns for our shareholders, paying out more than US$ 1 billion in dividends. At the same time, Polymetal grew from an intermediate to a leading gold producer with more than 1.5 Moz of GE production. With a portfolio of high quality, long-lived assets and vast exploration upside potential, the Company is well positioned to deliver on long-term sustainable growth.
The 5 differentiators
We aim to grow our business without diluting its quality
Growth is an indispensable part of long-term value creation for our business:
- We target production of 1.8 Moz of GE by 2020 that will be driven by our flagship project — Kyzyl, a world-class deposit with
7-Mozof gold reserves at 6.7 g/t and a 22-yearLOM
- We have an excellent portfolio of high-quality development projects in Russia containing resources of more than 18 Moz of gold equivalent that will drive our production growth beyond 2020
- We continue to expand and unlock value through exploration, as well as high-optionality M&A targets
Koz of GE
Notes: GE at 80:1 Ag oz/Au oz, 1:5 Cu mt/Au oz and 1:2 Zn mt/Au oz conversion ratios.
We pay competitive dividends
A key element of our strategy is the dividend, which we have consistently paid out since our 2011 IPO, returning more than US$ 1 billion to our shareholders.
- Regular payout ratio of at least 50% of underlying net earnings on a semi-annual basis with a special dividend at the discretion of the Board
- Leading dividend yield of 3.7% in 2017 among gold producers
Source: Company data and Bloomberg.
We have disciplined capital allocation
With a goal of delivering high returns on investment , we impose strong capital discipline on all investment and financial decisions across the business.
- We apply high thresholds on head grade and focus on open-pit mining
- We apply high IRR hurdle rates
- We minimise our capital costs by employing a centralised hub-based structure that allows us to process ores from various high-grade sources
- We maintain comfortable leverage levels while directing all of our FCF towards dividend payouts and projects with high returns on invested capital
Notes: Company data. Free cash flow (pre-M&A)
We have a proven track record of delivering on targets
Our success and excellent track record of meeting our production targets is a direct outcome of our operational excellence and a remarkable management team:
- We have delivered superior returns on capital (19%
- We have generated meaningful free cash flows in each year since our IPO in 2011
- We have delivered an exceptional growth rate in the mining sector with a two-fold production increase from 0.7 Moz of GE in 2011 to 1.4 Moz of GE in 2017 (CAGR of 10%)
(Koz of GE)*
* Company historical gold equivalent guidance recalculated using 80:1 Ag oz/Au oz conversion ratio.
We have transparent and effective governance
Polymetal strongly believes that a commitment to the highest standards of corporate governance and sustainability practices is essential in creating sustainable long-term shareholder value:
- We have been operating in line with the highest standards of corporate governance since its original listing on London’s Main Market in 2007
- We have a strong set of policies that commit us to leading environmental and social practices
- We have improved substantially on all ESG metrics and have been included in the FTSE4Good and STOXX ESG Leaders indices
- We are actively engaged with the communities around our operations and work hard to get their full support for our business